After having watched “127 Hours” I have learned some very important lessons that I should remember everytime I have the urge to travel somewhere:
1. Always remember to tell someone where you are going…in case you fall into a crack in a canyon and your hand gets pinned in a boulder. So, people, I am in Africa.
2. Bring loads of water. It saves you from the inevitable moment when you have to drink your own pee.
3. Never buy the China-made knife. Bring your Swiss knfie instead.
4. Bring food.
5. Ropes are important.
6. Don’t forget your digital camera. It can save you from a Wilson-the-ball/Tom Hanks-madness.
7. Your arm is not as important as you think it is.
And in related news…if you were Aron Ralston and trapped in a boulder, would you give up your arm to free yourself?