Just finished watching Season 5 of “Battlestar Galactica“, arguably one of the best sci-fi television shows ever produced ever. My eyes are bloodshot, I am tired, but it’s all worth it, considering it’s a great show.
1. When robots evolve, all they’ll ever want to do is reproduce…with each other and with humans.
2. When robots evolve, the first thing/s they want to look like are a) Xena, b) a hot-looking Victoria’s Secret model, c) hot Asian chick. Oh, and the guys look okay, too.
3. Time travel is always an acceptable solution for any kind of impending extinction of humankind (please see the new “Star Trek” movie to illustrate this point as well).
4. When robots evolve, and are able to look human, they will only choose 10 faces and multiply that by millions, and have each one called by a generic name like “Six” or “Eight” to confuse viewers.
5. It is possible to have cancer and live through 50,000 crises and only die at the very end of the show.
6. Admiral Helena Cain (Michelle Forbes) is awesome. Scary, but awesome.
7. You can be a woman and still be a) the complex president, b) a complex admiral, c) a complex lead fighter pilot, d) a complex villain with intelligent lines.
8. Even if you are the most vile, dorky, deranged (but smart!) villain in the fleet, for as long as you are Gaius Baltar (James Callis), you will almost always get laid by a Number 6 (Tricia Helfer), anywhere in the universe (or multi-verses or alternate dimensions or time).
9. Even old people (William Adama and President Laura Roslin, Col. Sol Tigh and Ellen) in the future have sex lives.
10. You can die and come back again for as long as you are Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff).
11. All this has happened before and will happen again.
12. Robots are humans too.
13. Battlestar Galactica rocks. 🙂
Now, for a trip down memory lane, the BSG cast on the David Letterman show.